Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Is it safe to take adderall xr?

I have adult ADHD and I used to take Riddlin. My parents took me off of it and moved me to another school. I have had problems for years and recently tried Adderall xr for three weeks (15mg per day first week and 30mg per day next two). It seem to work better then the Riddlin that I took before and help me to maintain focus along with controling many of my other symptoms. Is this a safe medication to take? Why wont my GP prescribe it for me when it has helped me so much? How can I get a prescription to relieve my issue and avoid the black market?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012