Atrophy in hands, difficulty walking, imbalance, menopausal. History of knee problems, obesity. Treatment?

This regards my wife. She is age 50. Has not been to a doctor for many years. Has developed a fear of doctors over the years. She has had bad knees due to being over weight, but has over the last few years lost a considerable amount to where it is now managable. She has developed athrophy in her hands, no complaints of aching or numbness like I myself have experienced with carpal tunnel . She has told me there is tingling in her feet . She is easily tired. Walking can be difficult, sometimes with what appears to be a loss of balance. Will reach out to steady herself. Not sure how much this is pain related with her knees or if it s weakness. I m also wondering if there is menstrual issues going on as well. Requires changing pads morning and night everyday. Menepausal?? I try to tell her to see a doctor but she keeps putting it off. Any suggestions.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012