Atrial fibrillation on warfarin, why there is still numbness in my left arm ?

When reaching the age of 74 years old, should one stop having a pap smear? 2) In July 09, i was on vacation and we were having dinner, i felt a strange feeling in my left arm.. not pain but numbness from my elbow to my upper arm, my shoulder. the next morning i had swollen ankles. i contacted my docotr in philadelphia pa i was visiting in maryland. the nurse returned my call and told me to get to the nearest hospital in doing so the doctor ordered an ekg and quickly admitted me to ccu unit. i was told that i did not have an attack that i had afibrillation. that my heart was beating so fast that it was about to be dangerous. i remained in the hospital for 7-8 days. i am now on walfarin daily. upon discharge from the hospital the swelling had subsided but the numbness remains in my left arm. i spoke with my doctor several times i have yet to recieve a satisfactory answer . my question is to you, could this be serious ? there is no pain but the numbness is still there and sometimes my arm feels veryheavy
Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009