Ate cupcake and felt sharp in throat, found staple in the bite, can feel the staple in throat

Hi, I bit into a cupcake this morning and swallowed a bit to find it slightly sharp in my throat . And then I found a staple in the rest of my bite. I m pretty sure I swallowed a staple because I can feel it in my throat. I don t know what to do, should I go to the ER? I don t want to make a big deal out of a situation that may be nothing at all. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
the staple pin may be stuck in the pharynx.if you are feeling pain during swallowing then consult the ER
the specialist will take it out through a forcep.
wish you good health
take care