Asthmatic, experience single heart pound on deep breathing. EKG normal. History of heart murmur. Cause of worry?

Hi, I was told when I was young that I had a heart murmur . My mom and uncle also have this, and it has not caused them any problems. Very occasionally I will feel something that resembles a single pound/gurgle. Usually it is just a wierd feeling with no pain and has not caused any symptoms. I do have asthma and I ve noticed it more lately when I try to breathe in deep, this will sometimes occur. Last night, I had a palpatation, but it suprised me because it was strong and kind of painful. I went to the doctor and he did an EKG test and said everything was normal. He did not suggest any further tests. Since the EKG was normal, does this mean I have nothing to worry about?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013