Asthmatic child has reflux, wakes up coughing, blocked nose, sticky saliva, occasional vomiting. Is digene or gelusil safe?

My daughter aged 6 appears to have reflux - wakes up coughing, blocked nose , sticky saliva - sometimes throw up if we don t pick her up and hold her vertical. We had it confused with asthma for a long time - which also she has. If we avoid certain foods and permit a gap after dinner and before sleep she is fine. But she does have some episodes - eaten outside, error on our part - is it safe to give digene or gelusil? The doctor suggested lanzol but since it is generally under control I am reluctant to start her on this.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012