Asthma, have sore throat, ear ache after taking zpack for cough. Could it be viral?

I called my doctor letting her know i had a cough. She prescribed zpack because i get bronchitis every year and have asthma . However, the cough stopped and the next day i developed sever sore throat both sides. The pain has no went to left side along with bad earache. Im on last day of zpack, still have pain on left side of throat and ear along with white patches . Obviously its sat and dr is not in. Is it normal to take this long for pack to work or is this viral. I do have nasal congestion and cold also.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012