Asthma, had cold followed by severe cough, difficulty in breathing through nose, using neti-pot, increasing mucus getting darker. Suggestion?

Background info: have asthma , used to be exercise induced and now is increasing; have had a history of sinus and respiratory infections I had a cold and went into the doctor: I was having problems breathing/ coughing and my asthma was making me anxious. I am already on flovent and and ventolin and was told to continue. They also gave me prednisone . It has been 5 days and my coughing has intensified and I am now coughing up mucus. I also still have problems breathing through my nose and am consistently blowing it and using a neti pot. The amount of mucus in my nose has also increased and gotten darker in color. What do you suggest I do.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012