Asthma, cough. On prednisolone, was put on anti histamine and ventolin. Why is there no improvement?

Hi there, my two kids (5yo and 3yo) suffer from asthma. The both use a preventer flixotid 125mg two puffs two times a day and also ventolin during crises as well as prednisolone during bronquites/asthma cough crises. I has show little or no improvement on their cough. They were put on a anti-histaminic (Zyrtec Kids) for hay fever, which did show some results in the older boy but none for the younger. Is anything else I should consider or talk to their doctor about it?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013