Asthma attacks, pneumonia, long term use of Salbutamol advisable ?

I have asthma and am on 2 different puffers, Flovent 125 mcg and Salbutamol 100 mcg. Well I ve had serious cases of pneumonia , lung infections as well as bad asthma attacks. The Salbutamol will help for a while but I sometimes find myself taking it more than I should, especially lately and my family doctor doesn t think I need anything changed with the puffers. Lately my asthma has been feeling worse and when I take it I feel relief for only a short time. It s been almost constant, starts out with a tightness and trouble breathing then comes coughing (which sometimes brings up stuff). I ve just been feeling lousy and realised I need help with this. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012