Assessed on risk of coronary disease. Done total cholesterol. On crestor. Critical, improve cholesterol?

I'm 75 male. Based on my 10 year coronary disease risk assessment , my GP gave me15 risk points of which 14 points for age and 1 point for total cholesterol level of 5.2 mmol/L. Now he prescribed me 5mg Crestor. My question is: is it critical? Can I improve cholesterol level through diet and exercise? If necessary can I reduce the dosage to 2.5mg? I do not smoke, non dibetic, systotic blood pressure 130 mm Hg
Your response is much appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013