As prescribed by my doctor iam taking 80mg of Lipitor tablet for high BP and cholestrol, can I reduce it to 40mg after 3 days ?

I am a 45 year old man who was last week diagonsed with high blood pressure (140 and 110) and high cholestrol (250). My doctor advised me to take 80mg Lipitor. Later I checked with couple of other cardiologists and they advised that 40mg should be enough and I should not got for 80mg to stat with. I do have family history for heart problems. Kindly advise if after 3 days of taking Liptor, I can reduce it to 40mg. I am also having pal[pitations since last 2 days. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011