As I have bitten my tongue while sleeping now its color has changed to purple and my eyes into red. What might be the problem ?

i must have bitten my tongue during sleep last nite,now is purple and a little bit of the whites of my eyes are red what do i do,thankspaul hello,ima 64yo male in good shape but last nite while sleeping i must have bit the side of my hurts today abd is somewhat purple and a little bit of redness of the whites of both this due to trauma and should i put ice on it,thanks,paul
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011