Arthritis problem, slip disc. Treatments did not help. Second opinion required before surgery?

i was looked at by a newrosurgeon yesterdayand he told me i needed surgery,everyone is telling me i should get a couple more opinions.I am in a lot of pain right now and dont want to wait any longer,I had therapyand pain pills and also went to a chropractor for the past 6 months,nothing seems to help.I have a lot of arthirits on my back and my discs are sliping.d0 you think i have to see more newrosrgeons before i decide to get operatedon?there are only two in town i would have to go to cleveland and wait so more.thank you
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013