Arthritis. Neck pain, stiffness, cracking neck, shoulders, headache. X-ray done. Taking Naproxen. No relief. Treatment?

Hello.I ve been suffering from neck pain for several years.I have stiff neck , my neck crack, if I lift my shoulders they crack too.I used to have massage.It helped for a while after some time everything would come back.I felt really badly last two month had a stiff neck , headaches ,and hardly could move my left hand .As well I had niddles in my fingers particulary in the morning .I went to my GP and had had prescribed medication Naproxen .And had my neck x-raid and the doctor said: it is nothing serious you have got just arthritis .After some time when I started taking pills Naproxen I felt better but today I have got stiff neck and hardly can move my had to the left but my shoulder and hand pain has eased this hand just cracks also when I am moving it.I used to go in for sports but at this particular time I ve just quit do no jogging, boxing, or push-ups.What I have discovered that if I drink some amount of alcohol I feel much much worse especially on the next day.I am not a drinker I mean hard drinker, but I like to have a beer, or a glass of whisky occasionally but this makes me feel much worse and I just cannot afford this sort of amusement any more.Another one thing I used to do boxing and what I ve discovered that if I did skip a rope after that especially on next day my health , my neck used to go stiff or hurt so much that I did quit skipping the rope too.It is in some way related to my neck or this desease I have is really making me weary more and more .I am 42 years old man.Thank you.I have tried to get my neck MRI checked I mean scanned but you know if the doctor says no what you can do?And I am wondering if I am entiteled to have some physiotherapy massage to get done or not I mean NHS.Private massage is costly.Tahnk you in advance.Aidas
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012