Armpit itchy, having blackish patch, skin rough. Is it any form of eczema?

Hi, About 2 weeks ago the top part of my armpit and part of the underneath of my arm (near to my armpit...its the part of my arm that touches my armpit and just below when my arms are resting by my side) started to become a bit itchy. When i looked i noticed a dark grey to blackish patch on the area (im asian). The skin felt rough. I have made an effort to not itch it, but its still there and still itching. I have had eczema in the past and this does not look like any form of eczema I have had before. I am asthmatic. I My diet has been quite unhealthy lately (lots of bad food!) and over the last 5 months i have gone from being quite active to quite non active (new job etc) and have probably put on about half a stone (significant for my 5 foot frame). I have also been smoking quite a bit (due to stress ). What do you think? Ive tried to give you as much information as I can. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013