Arm weakness, shaking after holding something heavy for a long period of time. Causes?

This may be an easy question to answer, but here it is: Why does my arm feel weak and shaky after holding something heavy for a long period of time? Like holding a crate under your arm for a long time and after you put it down, the arm feels weak that you can t really use it to put food in your mouth without your hand shaking like crazy? Thanks for answering
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your concerns. You did not mention your age through. You do not have any serious problem that warrants worry.

Even youngsters experience shaking hands after continuously holding onto something even weighing one kilogram. If the same thing is practied for sometime then the shaking stops. This is basically called muscle tonning. In elders this becomes more prominent because of the general weakness of muscles and their inability to tone as per the circumstances.

Therrefore before going to any physician confirm from your friends of the same age. Ask them to hold onto something and observe. Repeat this experiment with atleast 10 of your friends. If you are not satisfied even then, then consult a general physician.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarification.
Good luck.