Arm pain, sleeplessness, feeling warm inside

I am 56 years old and have had a throbbing pain in my upper right arm for about 6 months or more. It has gotten worse over the last week and is keeping me awake at night, often feeling warm inside. There are times during the day that it goes away completely. Do I need to get this checked? I do not do things that would make it worse, etc. I do exercise, but usually walking and cycling.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having a cervical spondylitis or a rotator cuff problem, . This is common in person who travels( cycling/jumping )a lot. It causes nerve compression at neck, and lead to shooting pain going from shoulder to hand . I would suggest you to go to a orthopaedic surgeon and get MRI scan of your neck. Treatment depends upon how much nerve compression is present. It can be either Pregabalin and Methylcobal and Physiotherapy.You should also wear a soft cervical collar.