Arm pain, lost motor movement, swollen forearm. CT discovered herniated disc. Do I have cervical ribs?

Hello, I am a 19 year old female, and about 2 weeks ago I started to have some shooting pains down my arm and I completely lost motor movement in my hand for a few hours, my hand was also purple and my hand and forearm we slightly swollen and had loss of sensation. My resting heart rate was also 132 (I am an athlete and my RHR is usually around 65). I went to the ER, and the doctor did a CT of my spine and discovered a minor herniated disc at C5-6 which was anteriorly touching my spinal cord , and told me I was anxious (totally wasn t I m a biochem student and I was completely fascinated), and this was why my heart rate was so fast, and dismissed my purple and very cold hand and told me to go to physio. The physio therapist as well as my massage therapist both said they were certain I had thoracic outlet syndrome , and my family GP sent me for a cervical spine x-ray , pretty much because I asked for it haha. I have not followed up with him regarding the x-ray yet, and I will on friday, but do to some connections I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on monday. Anyways, I have the disc with the photos of the X-ray and I am uploading those. Do I have cervical ribs???
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012