Arm numb after tackle. Unable to raise arm, movement with support. How to cure?

Hi, was playing rugby a few days ago and made a tackle, my arm went numb after the hit didn t think anything of it as this happens sometimes after a big tackle, woke up the next morning and I can t raise my arm to the side at all I have full movement of my arm when its support but I can t raise it by myself at all there is also no pain, it aches a little in the muscle but not at all painful, lease help as its starting to worry me
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
The numbness of the arm and inability to rise it is likely to be due to a nerve related injury. This needs a detailed examination by a neurologist. Rest to the arm might be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal