Arm injury, unable to lift arm, no pain in shoulder. X-ray shows no fracture. Treatment?

Hi, while running to my car yesterday afternoon during a thunderstorm, my feet went from under me, and I landed full smack on top of my right arm . Had x-rays done. According to the physician, there is no evidence of a fracture . I was told to take Motrin and apply ice. There is no swelling or bruising, but I am unable to lift or lower my arm without extreme pain. No pain in the shoulder, but pain felt in the humerus area of the arm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012