Arm injury, tenderness, swelling, discomfort from wrist to elbow. Icing provides no relief. Treatment?

My 13 year old daughter fell doing a cartwheel and hurt her arm . She has redness, tenderness, selling and warmth to the site, occasional shooting discomfort from wrist to elbow when spreading fingers. There is a concern that she has a mosquito bite in the area as well, but not a real noticeable bite. No fever or other symptoms. Have iced several times but no change. What to do?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
do you see any change in the look of the two arm,i mean any deformity of the injured arm.if yes and having done first aid but still pain is there .
my advice would be get x ray done to confirm,children of her age can have bending of bone (green stick fracture).
take care