Areas on hand remain red, itchy and turn to scabs, itchy. What is wrong?

Hello sir. I have 2 areas on my arm taht are approx 2 cm around and remain red. itchy and continually want to turn into a scab. They will not resolve. Have been there now for approxiametly 3 months. Additionally I have 6 small areas that are red on legs bilaterally that persistently itch. They too will scab if scratched for any period of time. I have tried MG 217 OTC psoriaisis medication and it seems to help and made 1 area go away on my arm but the other keeps itching and is perfectly round and red. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013