Area near lip piercing itching, swollen, red, tender. Infection?

I have had this lip piercing for about 3 years now and have recently bought new jewelry for it a couple of days ago and have had it on, but this morning my lip (next to piercing site) started getting itchy and I kept bothering it and got it irritated, its now swollen, red, and a little tender when I squeeze my lip. It s only on this side, even though my other lip piercing has the same jewelry. Is it an infection? Or something i should worry too much about? There is no pus that I can see
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012