Area below knee sensitive to touch. Applied warm bag

Good morning Dr Samuel I am a 42 year old female, I have a strange sensation just beloow my knee on the inside of my left leg just above my calf . It is very sensitive to touch but is only as big as the top of your thumb . There are a few spider vein around it. I have elevated my leg and used a warm wheaty bag to releive the dull ache. I almost feels like my calf should go into a spasam but doesnt get there.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
The pain you are having is likely to be due to a nerve related pain. A prominent spider like venous prominence can be due to a local inflammation in the area. A direct examination of the area is necessary for proper diagnosis and treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal