Are there any side effects of Reclipsen ?

I m currently taking Reclipsen birth control . The sugar pills start on a Sunday, however, I typically do not get my period until the following Thursday. So here is my problem, I started bleeding yesterday but I do not start taking the sugar pills until Sunday. So my period is extremely early. It is also bright red in color and the heaviest it has ever been. (It s usually deep red, kind of brownish color). This has never happened to me before. I also have pains in my stomach . What could be the reason why?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this early bleeding. It is difficult to tell what the problem is. If you have been taking your pills as prescribed, then this is very unusual. I will advice that you get this checked out and all other common causes of bleeding like fibroids, infection, pregnancy and related complications, etc be checked out. If nothing abnormal is identified, this should be treated as menses and your pills should be adjusted accordingly.

I hope you find this helpful and provides enough information for you to make and informed decision on how to tackle this. Thank you so much for having used our services and we do hope to see you next time if need be. I wish you good health.

Dr. Ivo Ditah, MD.