Are there any exercises to cure shoulder pain or do i need to visit a doctor ?

I am a 24 yr. old female in good health. I was at work one day lifting a 15 - 20 pound box. It was about one foot and six inches wide. Unfortunately, I didn t lift it right. I threw my hips into it and lifted the box quickly into the air at my shoulder level, I m 5 3 . After a week, it was almost healed and was re-injured twice when I made a left turn while driving to my school, both times a week apart. For a while the pain was so bad I couldn t fall asleep for around an hour at night. Then, I had to sleep on my stomach with a pillow under my left shoulder. Back then, and still today (2 years later) it still hurts if I type on a keyboard, hold a book to read, or do anything where I have to be in that position to long. This is basically the position you are in to hold a box in front of you at chest level. Also, I can t use my left hand when driving or it hurts around the lower part of my left scapula. Sometimes the pain is at the lower, medial portion. Sometimes it is at the lower third portion (lateral and medial). All I need to know is, should I see my doctor or are there exercises I could try?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011