Are there any disadvantage of pathmasana ?

disadvantage of pathmasana
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Always consult a Yoga instructor before doing Aasanas coz they may harm you instead of giving you benefits if done incorrectly.
There is no specifically any dis adventages. But if your bulky and trying first time then it may put more pressure on the ligaments of knee and you may get pain or even ligament tear.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1..because it is practiced to improve the flexibility of shoulder,chest,spinal cord, waist & thigh, so prior to doing it, make sure you are not suffering from any pathology related to above structures.
2. Yoga postures should be performed under supervision of yoga expert or trained yoga teacher.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
There are minimal disadvantage of padmasana
Do not perform this asana while suffering from:
Ankle injury
Knee injury
Padmasana is considered to be an intermediate to advanced pose. Do not perform this pose without sufficient prior experience or unless you have the supervision of an experienced teacher.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum
There are no DISADVANTAGES of Padamasana.
There are contraindictions- means it shud not be done if you have pain or any affection related to ankle, knee, or hip.
Its adviced to do any exercise, yog under guidance, only.

For further inquired-
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
Not any