Are nuts good for a e year old? How much should I give him? What are the chances that he will put on weight by eating them?

Hi, My son is 3.10 years old and he weighs 15.5 kgs, height 116 cm and he is active and confident child. He likes Almonds,walnuts and pistachios a lot and lot. How I should give these three in a ratio or can i give 2 or 3 nuts as a snack? Will he gain lots of weight? Are these useful for his health and brain? some says not to give b cos of his weight and some says to give. What and how should i give?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, you seem to have an active and healthy child. Almonds walnut and pistacheos are very good source of micronurtrients and minerals besides containing a good percentage of PUFA and being rich in proteins. They are also a rich source of vit.E, as they are so healthy it is fine to give your son these nuts as snacks about 5 of each varient without worrying about him putting on weight. See to it that he also has a healthy meal containing food items rich in carbohydrates and proteins as he is a growing child and needs them in abundant quantity. A balanced diet is a healthy diet and too much of a good thing is also not good. Take care.