Are my cholesterol levels normal ?

My HDL is 51 LDL is 133 , triglycerides is 71 total cholesterol is 198 is that good?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
hello sir...
if ur young no risk factors like hypertension, diabetic, smoking etc then its ok.
but better to avoid oil and salt
and do regular exercise.
wish u enjoy good health
Dietitian & Nutritionist Neha Chandna's  Response
hello.. your levels are fine just that your LDL is slightly high..all you need to do is go for brisk walks daily for 1 hour, eat high fiber foods like nuts, salads, sprouts, oats, brown rice, fruits..avoid fried, junk, refined foods.. eat more of fish, lean chicken, egg whites.. reduce intake of butter, margarine and whole milk as they have saturated fats which can increase your cholesterol levels.. rest well..