Are irregular heart beats dangerous ?

I have been having those for about a year now. I had all the necesary tests done on me . Im waiting for the results. Im specially worried cause Im pregnant. Dont know what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
It depends on which part of the heart. I had atrial fibrillation; 200 beats per minute from the upper chamber of the heart. For most people these episodes last under a minute. My episodes lasted for months. I had corrective surgery on it as I happened to be getting some other stuff done. It was caused by scarring from previous surgery; something you won't have to worry about. I don't think it should cause you to be overly concerned. You should have had a holter test done. Make sure that you are seeing a cardiologist as well. As you are pregnant, your prognosis may change after the birth. Carrying another human may have caused this condition to develop. Heart murmurs are quite common actually. Depending on the severity and location, there are different ways to alleviate them. Sometimes they are best left alone. You may also want to look into the area of sleep apnea. If you are having difficulty sleeping at night, this could be another cause of your condition. Recent research suggests that alleviating the symptoms of sleep apnea can vastly improve your heart function. Many of these problems can also be related to weight issues. Think about the fact that you are bringing another human being into the world and you will be responsible for it's well-being in the future as well as your own. Do some research on what constitutes a 'heart-healthy' diet and try to incorporate some or all of these ideas when you are planning meals. This will go a long way in making sure the future of you and your family remains bright.