Are elevated cpk levels associated with febrile seizures in children? Had sore throat and spiking fever. Diagnosed with DMD

Are elevated cpk levels (5300) associated with febrile seizures in children? My sons (4yrs old) bloodwork came back indicating this level of cpk. He was sick all week with a terrible sore throat and was spiking fevers. Less than 48hrs before his blood was drawn his fever spiked and I was certain he was going to have a seizure. We just moved and saw a new doctor who after seeing my son for 30 seconds told me he had DMD. Online reviews of this doctor indicate it is not uncommon for him to diagnose children with horrid diseases they don t actually have. This doctor also would not discuss any other reason for elevated cpk levels. Not one other doctor we have seen has ever thought this. I am scared senseless. But although he fits some DMD criteria most of the descriptions don t match up to him. I need other opinions.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
CPK is found in the skeletal muscles, heart muscles and brain cells. Elevated CPK usually indicates muscle damage. Some of the causes of elevated CPK are polymyositis, dermatomyositis, viral infections and heart diseases like viral myocarditis

In children sometimes massive elevation of CPK is seen due to myositis following severe influenza. Other cause in children is spinal muscular dystrophy
Exact cause can be diagnosed only after a clinical exam. 

If your pediatrician suspects that your child may have muscular dystrophy, she will likely begin by testing the creatine kinase (CK) level in his blood. This muscle enzyme is very high in children with muscular dystrophy.
After finding a high CK level, your Pediatrician will likely do DNA testing to look for mutations in the gene that makes dystrophin, an important muscle protein. If this genetic testing is negative, then a muscle biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis of muscular dystrophy.
Have a joint consultation with rheumatologist and pediatrician.