Are bone spurs due to excessive lifting or due to aging? Thoracic spine x-ray showing bone spurs. Treatment options?

I have seen an X-ray of my thoracic spine (side view) that shows bone spurs on the inside (anterior? when the body is viewed from the front?). This section with bone spurs is tender when manipulated by my chiropractor. Do anterior? bone spurs come from excessive lifting? a natural aging process? or am I just genetically inclined. I use acetaminophen at bedtime to ease the achiness for sleep. What other options are there to diminish to progression of this condition?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013