Are blood clots in cough and tightness in chest normal post an open heart surgery ?

hi doctor , my dad is 70 years old and he had an open heart surgery on nov 2010. he is recovering o.k and he weighs now only around 58-60 kgs but since then he has cough and now and then he sees blood /blood clot in his cough mucus . he went to doctors but they donot take it seriously.and he also feel tightness in the chest area.i just want to know is it normal?abnormal?if abnormal what test should he be getting done or what home precautions he should be taking ?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011