Apthous ulcer in cheek. Habitual tobacco chewer. On medicines. Need biopsy to rule out other severeties?

I am suffering from Apthous ulcer in right side cheek. The lesion is about 7mm long. My dentist Rxed me BecosuleZ Cap 1 OD, Antoxid Cap 1 BD, and Tess mouthpaste t.i.d.for local application. No antibiotic was given. I have been taking the above dose for last ten days, and the lesion has still not disappeared. By the way, I was a habitual tobacco chewer=Pan masala addict. for last 25 years. For the last ten days my tobacco consumption has gone drastically down,limiting myself to 4 or 5 times in 24 hours. Without tobacco, my head & concentration wavers,and I feel irritated. My family says,taper off and leave tobacco gradually.I am trying to stop tobacco fully. From today a chemist friend advised me to take Rebagen [ Rebamipide 100mg] of Macleods Pharmaceutical, in doase 1 b.d. plus local application of paste of Laxanox [Amlexanox Oral Paste 5%] twice daily, for 5 days. I have added this regime also. Please advice if this is the correct therapy or I should go for a biopsy to rule out sub-cutaneous fibrosis or anything more severe. I shall be obliged for your response. I am a Indian male, aged 59. weight 98kg with normal health. Thank You. CSTewari. Uttar Pradesh.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013