Applied polysporin on scraped knee, covered it. Brown fluid came from scab. Is it infected?

I scraped my knee on Saturday night. I have been putting polysporin on it since then and covering with a bandage during the day and nothing at night. Today, i bumped it and a bit of the scab lifted and a yellow/brown fluid came out. When i looked closer at it, the scab was not attached to my knee at all. Im not sure if that is normal. But i pulled the scab off and cleaned the area with soapy water and put more polysporin on it with a clean bandage. I am wondering if my knee is infected?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013