Applied ibuprofen gel to face, burning sensation, redness, flaky skin. What can help?

I stupidly applied 10% ibuprofen gel to my face overnight after reading on the internet that it was good for clearing up acne . In the morning it had a burning feeling and was red. I washed it off but my cheek was still very red. After a day or so the skin flaked off and was quite sensitive, like a chemical burn . It is now 4 weeks later and it has healed but my cheek is still very red. I can t tell if it s getting better. Will the redness ever fade? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the redness.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013