Applied baby oil. Behind ear red, swollen, crusty with pus. Reason and cure?

Hello! My son is 3 month old and a few days ago we tried Johnson s baby oil on his head to help the cradle cap. I noticed that behind his ears were a little crusty as well, so after his bath 2 nights ago we put the baby oil on his head and behind the ears. The next day, his head was ok but behind his left ear was red, swollen, and crusty with some wetness ( pus ) coming off of the area. Just behind that ear. I washed it with a cloth and warm water last night but it was still crusty, red, and swollen this morning. We stopped using the baby oil in case this was a reaction to the use of that. I will check the ear tonight but I want to make sure it wasn t anything more serious. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013