Applied Retin A and doxycycline for acne, condition worse. Normal?

I am a 17 year old girl who has now been suffering with acne for a year and a half. I had perfect skin without blackheads, whiteheads or noticeable pores. Now, only a year and a half later, my face is covered with red marks, bumps, blackheads and black scar-like dots all over. I am completely desperate. I have tried everything; tea tree oil, benzoyl peroxide , a non-dairy diet, clindamycin , minocyclin, sulfur , and oral antibiotics. Right now I am on my 7th week of Retin-a Micro and doxycylin and my face is worse than ever. Is this normal? I had bad skin before the retin-a but ive never gotten acne on my cheeks or chin, and they are covered with blackheads, clogged pores and painful red bumps. Why did I begin to break out at 16 when all my friends were over their acne by then. Also, will I ever have clear skin? I am in tears right now and beg for any answers. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012