Applied Mupirocin for folliculitis. Have lump now. How can I get rid of it?

I have had folliculitis a couple times in the past, mostly on or just below belt line. I had my doctor look at it which is how i found out it was folliculitis . I treated it with mupirocin which seemed to work quickly but i was left with small lumps even after treating. After weeks are treating and waiting I squeezed the lumps and a small puss ball squeezed out. After that it was healed in days. I have had folliculitis a few times since then. I assume it is from shaving and then working a dirty job, construction. The mupirocin seems to treat fast and there is no spreading after treatment. Currently i have a small lump left from folliculitis on my penis . It is slightly red and i can feel a small ball of puss under the skill as i could when i had folliculitis in the past. I treated with left over mupirocin but as usual i am left with a small lump for weeks. I dont want to squeeze this because of the sensitive area but how can i get rid of the lump left by the folliculitis. I have been told it would clear up on its own but this is taking far too long. What can i do to get rid of the lump?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012