Appendectomy,trouble urinating,excessive sweating,diarrhea,loss of appetite,blood in stool,peritonitis,ibuprofen,couldn't recover from anesthesia.Suggestion?

My husband had an emergency appendectomy a week ago Tuesday. Afterwards he had a difficult time coming out of the anesthesia. They sent him home but we ended up back in the ER a day later on Thursday at 4:00 am. They ran several tests and admitted him to treat peritonitis. Released him 4 days later. It is now 11 days since the procedure. He is still running 100 temp consistently. We are keeping it from elevating with ibuprofen. He still has severe pain, trouble urinating, excessive sweating, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and some blood in his stool. The drs don't seem concerned. But I am. Can you tell me if this is normal recovery?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013