Appendectomy, nausea, pain on standing, vomiting on drinking water. Cure for symptoms?

My 82 year old father had an appendectomy last night around 10pm. He was discharged this morning and is now staying with me. He is feeling quite good - a little nauseous and some pain when getting up and down out of a chair - fine when he walks, fine on stairs. He hasn t eaten anything because of the nausea . What can he eat and should he be eating? Water also seems to make him nauseous - should he be drinking lots?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012