Aortic valve replacement done, no artery, vein blockage. Prescribed metoprolo tartrate. Medication dosage?

I had aortic valve replacement (type 34 On-X arota valve). The cardiac catheterization procedure showed no artery or vein blockage. The surgeon performed the surgery through a 3 opening. My heart walls were slighted thick. The surgeon indicated metoprolo tartrate tabs 50 mg for 3 months but the cardiolologist says forever. FYI: I had no performance issues when I was diagnosed with arotic sternosis. No lost of breath, I walked 4 miles each day. My pressure has always been 110 over 70. The procedure was done when my arota valve were opening 0.7. Why would there be such a wide difference in treatment?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012