Aortic stenosis, shortness of breath, waking up breathless

I have aortic stenosis , which recently went from moderate to severe over a few months. I have been told to watch for symptoms of shortness of breath etc etc. The last 2 weeks, I have been waking up from my sleep gasping for air. I am sure its valve related and another sign of things to come. Am I correct? Or would be it something else that I have now developed?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Hello preciusdee 1967,
progressive shortness of breath on exertion -symptoms of sever aortic stenosis
syncope,chest pain, frank heart failure, CCF all have grave progonsis advice- cardiologist & cardiovascular surgeon checkup & need ful action immeadiately ,investigation- ECG, ECHOCARDIOGRAM, operation-aortic valve replacement, apicoaortic conduit. percutaneous aortic valve replacement- high risk case,balloon valvuloplasty more use ful in infant & children. hope my advice use ful to you. thank you.