Anything can I do to ease the pain, bruising, and swelling ?

Hello, I just received a blood draw of 12 (half full) Vials of blood. The needle didn t hurt going in, but during the 4th draw it began to burn. The injection site is now red and my vein is swollen and bruised. The inside of my arm now hurts like hell! Is it possible that part of the needle broke off? As it also feels hard and hurts when pressed in my vien right above the injection site. Is this normal ? Anything I can do to ease the pain, bruising, and swelling ? Thank you very much !
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011