Any side effects of using machine ice for long time? Throat feels thick, parched. Cause?

I have been wondering if there are side effects to using machine ice long term. I love water, I drink a lot of it everyday, but I only like it really cold and use only machine made ice. Ice from my home freezer isn t good enough. I ve noticed recently that my throat feels thicker and I feel parched all the time. At first I was concerned about being diabetic,with my need for water, but I did a fasting glucouse test and I m normal. So, I m thinking now that the machine ice may have some chemical in it to make it colder and last longer than normal ice that is causing my parched feeling. Do you know of any study to confirm or deny this thought?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

You are right in your thoughts. Machine uses some chemicals and nitrogen for making quick ice and these chemicals are harmful to the body if taken in excess. Our body tolerates everything that is mild. Cold water and ho0t water or cold or hot items are tolerated upto an extent. Then body reacts. Your throat symptoms are made out of your machine ice habbit. Remember singers who use warm water to keep their throat perfect. Throat is an area where sensitive mucuous area is present. Treat it well.
Good luck. Get well soon.