Any side effect if Alerid syrup is given to child more than a month?

is there any side effect if Alerid syrup is used 5 ml in a day continuously for more than 1-2 months? I am asking this for my 5 yrs old daughter as she is more to alergic. Her nose block is very severe particularly at night and she is not able to sleep properly. Also some times during night she takes deep breath from mouth with some air passage sound when she breath-in. Will Asthalin syrup help in breathing difficuilties and some whizzing. I am continuously in touch with one Pediatrician and he has priscribed Alerid syrup to be used for 2-3 months till winter season goes off. Please suggest if any side effect of Alerid syrup if used 5 ml in a day continuously?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
your pediatrician is correct and there is no addict forming drug in allerid and it cause sleepiness which you need not worry. you should also consult a ent surgeon for nose and throat examination to find any other cause for nasal blockage.