Any birth control pill to delay periods and avoid pregnancy?

Hi, I am going on a cruise on the 29th with my fiancé I have never taken any form of birth control but this time i want to take a birth control that ll protect me from becoming pregnant and delay my period. I will be going on friday to ask whats my best choice friday makes 21 days to my cruise date. What can i do? Is there something to delay my period during this time frame, by the way i usually get my period on the first of every moth. PLEASE HELP
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013