Anxiety, varicose veins in legs. Had a Heart Attack. Have stents. Take valums?

Hi, I have had a Heart Attack in October and Stints put in in Nov. My heart races out of control occasionally and gets out of rythem usually requiring a er visit. This is getting a little better But I have a lot of anxiety over my heart condition especially at night. I was taking Atavan .05 mg Three times aday before the heart attack for anxiety but now it worse. I saw my cardiologist recently and he did a laser thing on my legs for varicose vein and he gave me two Valums 5mg about an hour apart during the procedure. They seemed to take away the anxiety better Thane the ativan ever did. my question is: Should I ask my Primary Doctor for valum instead of ativans or are their side affects from taking valums? Sorry for being so long winded and my spelling. Thanks Jeff Loveless
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013