Anxiety, restlessness, unable to sleep, panic attacks. Treatment?

My friend asked me to look into this, and I haven t found anything so far Basically she thinks these occurrences are anxiety based. But when she was little (5-11 mainly) around the end of the year she would take 3 hours to fall asleep, and 2 hours in to it she would wake up in a panic. She told me she felt like nothing was right that she was near, for instance her blanket was too thick or her bed was too hard and she would throw things because she couldn t find anything right. It has happened hardly ever I guess, but she just wanted to know what this could be. Also, one of these occurrences was the day before a holiday, which is also where she got this idea it is anxiety related
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012